It's raning again...and again...and again
Ever thought about writing a book? Something kinda like your life story, but kinda not. I was just thinking this morning about all the crap I think I could condense in to a novel--this was of course after reading a book written by a NYT #1 bestseller and thinking, "Gah--this is just--o.k.". I suppose there is someone, somewhere out there who will read anything.
It's a lazy afternoon--my sister is asleep, my brother-in-law is gone and my dog is sleeping at my feet. I was just stewing over the possiblity of maybe next fall going to school somewhere else, as in out of state or away from here. Could I do that, I mean really? Could I pick up life and move away and start again? I want to, or at least I think I want to. I remember being 14 years old and my best friend at the time , Jenny E., and I would dream about moving to Los Angeles where the music was fabulous and all these long haired guys who were too cool for everything were. Yes, these were the days of hair metal--I was in love these men, it changed on a weekly basis, one week Sebastian Bach from Skid Row--the next week maybe Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi, it was endless really. But what never changed was my love across the pond--Joe Elliott. I remember seeing Def Leppard when I was 13 years old during they Hysteria tour. I was just over myself in love with him. Wow, he hasn't aged well. He's not quite as hot to me now...but then again, who would be after the rough road he's had...Anyway, back to moving. We just had this strange, teenage idea that once we hit 18 (me in October, her in January of the next year) we would give everyone the proverbial finger and set across country on a road trip to start our new lives......
We would've been swallowed whole. Besides, by the time we turned 18, hair metal was all but dead--Nirvana was now on the scene and it would have all been over before it started.
I didn't even stay friends with Jenny till then--long about 16, she became a juvenile delinquent. Ran away several times, got put in foster care....Haven't seen her since.
Wow..you know, I have a lot of friendships like that. Best friends for a time and then poof--they go away to somewhere else, maybe--door number three (for the game show enthusiast in all of us). Maybe this is fate trying to tell me repeatedly that I need not to have a good friend, but instead a passion for something, not someone. Hmm..yes, yes I like that idea. A passion for something not someone. Wait, I knew that already.
Oh fate you.....such a funny teacher.

<< Home